Halloween & Trick-or-Treating
The skies are heavy with ominous clouds...biting cold air envelops our bodies...and the trees are ablaze with color. It's late October--time for pumpkins, ghouls, and witches to come out and scare innocent souls, in search for a treat. Of course, we're talking about Halloween, that most frightening time of year. West Michigan is not only beautiful in October, but there are plenty of events going on to satisfy the timid...and those that dare to be scared!
Below are the events and trick or treating times for Ludington, Scottville, Pentwater, Hart, and Manistee. In addition to Halloween, check out the other fun fall events going on in the area.
Communities setting Trick-or-Treat times on October 31. Times for 2014 will be announced when they become available.
Late October Halloween Events occurring in 2013. Events for 2014 will be announced when they become available.
- Halloween at the Village, Historic White Pine Village.
- Pumpkin Party, Ludington library.
- Annual Zombie Walk.
- Haunted Fairgrounds, Mason County Fairgrounds.
- Moonlight Madness Halloween Bash, Country Lanes Bowling Center.
- Boy Scout Troop 1190 Haunted House, Community Church.
- Haunted Mini Golf, Ludington Jaycee Mini Golf Course.
- Trick or Treat downtown Ludington, includes pre-parade party at Ludington library; Sandcastles Halloween Party, Trick-or-Treat at Ludington Area Center for the Arts, costume parade on Ludington Avenue and 5K & 1 Mile Family Fun Run/Walk from North James Street, Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown at the Ludington Library, and Monster Bash, at Wildwood Meadows.
- Great Pumpkin Patch, Ludington Area Jaycees Mini Golf Course.
- "Live from the LACA" Rocktoberfest Night of Fright presented by LUDROCK Music & Friends.
- Pub Crawl, downtown Ludington.
- Underwater pumpkin hunt, Donald C. Baldwin Community Pool, Ludington.
- Halloween Hustle one-mile run for grades K-6, Cartier Park, Ludington.
- Halloween carol performance by Lakeshore Youth Chorus, Ludington library.
- Halloween party, Foster School Gym, Ludington.
- Trunk or Treat, parking lot of Trinity Evangelical Free Church, Ludington.
- Pumpkins in the Parking Lot, parking lot of St. John's Lutheran Church, Ludington.
- Trunk or Treat, parking lot of Calvary Baptist Church.
- Trunk or Treat, parking lot of Life Change Church.
- Free Halloween pictures with donation to United Way, Sue Brown Photography, Scottville.
- Spooktacular Weekend, Pentwater. Saturday activities include Halloween on the Green (costume contest, face painting, pumpkin painting, sack race, crafts, egg toss); trick or treating downtown merchants and Charles Mears State Park; Spooktacular Parade; Glow in the Dark night hike up Old Baldy Trail at Charles Mears State Park; Pub Crawl.
- Community Trick or Treating, with free homemade donuts at the Pentwater Fire Station.
- Fear Forest, Filer Township Rec Center.
- Boos, Brews & Brats including pet parade, zombie shuffle, games, music entertainment, costume contests, downtown Manistee.
- Not So Scary Story Hour, The Bookstore, Manistee.
- Halloween Fun for Young and Old, Hardy Hall in the Ramsdell Complex.
- Trick-or-Treat on River Street, downtown Manistee.
- Manistee bands Halloween concert, Manistee High School Auditorium.
- Filer Charter Township Halloween Parade, Filer Township.
- Trunk or Treat, children trick or treat at parked cars, costume contest, Norman Township Community Center, Wellston.
- Trunk or Treat, decorated car trunks and trick or treating for kids, Hopkins Park, Bear Lake
- Scottville Halloween, hotdogs, tables with small Halloween items & candy, haunted hallway and games, MCC High School Parking Lot.
- Trunk or Treat, Our Savior Lutheran Church, Scottville.
- Trunk or Treat, Scottville United Methodist Church.
- Children's Halloween and Adult Halloween Party. Ruby Creek Conservation Club.
More Fall Happenings...
More Things to Do in West Michigan...
For more activities & attractions, check out these additional links for Things to Do in West Michigan:
Ludington Activities & Things to Do -- Take a tour at Historic White Pine Village or Amber Elk Ranch--Ludington offers many fun things to do for the entire family!
Have Fun in Manistee, Michigan -- Explore Manistee's historic downtown district and riverwalk, hike the Manistee National Forest, canoe on the Manistee River, and more.
Hamlin Lake -- Just 4 miles north of Ludington, Hamlin Lake is a great destination for boating, fishing and climbing dunes! The Hamlin Lake shoreline is also part of the Ludington State Park.
Silver Lake Sand Dunes -- Visiting the Silver Lake Sand Dunes makes for a terrific vacation because you can take your off-road vehicle for a spin on the scenic sand dunes overlooking Lake Michigan and Silver Lake.
Things to Do in Pentwater, Michigan -- Nothing is quite like the quaint, artsy, harbortown village of Pentwater. Don't miss the popular Charles Mears State Park beach on Pentwater's Lake Michigan shoreline.
Lots of Activities in Scottville, Michigan -- Explore the Riverside Park along the National Scenic Pere Marquette River.
Canoeing or Fishing on the Pere Marquette River -- Many boat liveries offer canoe rentals.
Also, check out West Michigan Guides and our locally produced West Michigan Business Directory for our largest lists of Things to Do in West Michigan.